Discharging Student Loans

Can bankruptcy help with student loan debt? It’s a very common question and unfortunately the answer is simply no. Web sites and advice from non-attorneys or inexperienced attorneys will tell you if you file a bankruptcy and receive Social Security the student loan debt will go away. If you have an attorney telling you otherwise, I would run the other way.

What you can do if you are disabled and owe student loans – is apply for an total and permanently disabled discharge (TPD). You discharge your student loans and then file for a bankruptcy to deal with the rest of your debt. A Chapter 7 bankruptcy could be a great relief after handling the student loans.

You can apply by visiting http://www.disabilitydischarge.com/Home/.

Author: Elizabeth Doren Paralegal at Geraci Law L.L.C.

I am a paralegal at Geraci Law L.L.C. (the greatest consumer bankruptcy law firm that ever was or will be!) I talk to thousands of people who are struggling financially.

%d bloggers like this: