Debt Settlement & Consolidation – What You May NOT Know
You see the commercials. You get the ads in the mail. Debt Settlement or Consolidation. When something seems too good to be true, it often is. Many of these “programs” turn out to be scams or schemes.
Sometimes, there ARE cases where debt settlement makes sense. Geraci Law can help! You can meet with an attorney for FREE to determine your BEST plan of action.
What they don’t tell you about debt consolidation:
- Anything settled CAN BE taxable income. If you settle a $10,000 bill for $1,000 – the difference or $9,000 can be considered taxable income. So at the end of the year, you may receive a 1099-C form from the creditor. Debt discharged in a bankruptcy is NOT taxable income.
- Some creditors do NOT settle. Debt settlement or consolidation is NOT a guarantee. There is no law that forces creditors to accept a smaller payment. If you file for bankruptcy, you are using federal law to get financial help. There are laws in place to protect YOU. Geraci Law is here to help you get control over your finances.
- Your credit still takes a hit. Some agencies will tell you to stop paying the debt and let it go into collections. Then they will work with the collection agencies for a settlement. This takes TIME. You will get collection calls and maybe even SUED by the time the agency attempts to settle. With Geraci Law, you can file in as little as ONE day to stop all collections. This means no phone calls, no lawsuits and no more debt.
- No time frame. There’s no time frame for debt settlement or consolidation. At best, they can give you an estimate but it could go longer. A Chapter 13 debt repayment is structured into a three or five year repayment plan. You have a structured plan in place rather than an indefinite amount of time. Geraci Law will help you determine the fastest way to get control over your financial situation.
- Creditors CAN still sue you. That’s right, there is no legal protection with debt settlement or consolidation programs. If a creditor refuses the settlement offer, they could file a lawsuit in attempt to get a judgment or garnish your wages. Bankruptcy STOPS the collections. Creditors violate Federal statutes if they file lawsuits against you or even continue to call you while under Federal Bankruptcy protection. You hire Geraci Law and we help you from the initial phone call until the end of your case.
Dial 1-800-CALL-PFG for a free phone mini-consultation, or make an appointment online 24/7 at www.infotapes.com. Bankruptcy laws are in place to help you. Who knows bankruptcy like Geraci Law? Geraci Law has 25,000 5-star reviews since November 2016!
Read ALL ABOUT DEBT RELIEF at www.bankruptcybookbypeterfrancisgeraci.com